Chicago Angels Network - Spring Pitch
Chicago Angels Network (CAN)
Chicago Booth Alumni Club of the United Kingdom
May 25, 2017: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
The Chicago Angels Network (C.A.N.) will be hosting its Spring pitch event in London. The event will include a talk on data privacy by Nicholas Oliver, Founder of people.io from Founders Factory.
Chicago Booth in London
Woolgate Exchange, 1st floor
25 Basinghall Street
London, United Kingdom
Chicago Angels Network
Guest Speaker Nicholas Oliver, Founder of people.io from Founders Factory will provide his expert insight on the issues of data privacy.
'Giving a person ownership of their personal data will be one of the most important technical and societal challenges of this century. As artificial intelligence continues to progress, we can already see a world where personalisation of services has become manipulation of individuals - often using data that has been collected and used without a person's knowledge. These are challenges of today, not tomorrow, so what is the solution?'
Five technology companies addressing core problems for B2B customers in automotive and industrials, assisting child learning through brainwave technology, and providing crowdsourced outdoor advertising solutions are raising between £250k and £750 in SEIS / EIS funding.
- CortechsConnect creates brainwave blueprints to predict and prescribe meaningful solutions around health and wellness of children, with a primary market entry focus on ADHD
- Gravity Sketch is an intuitive 3D creation tool that allows industrial designers to create models, concept drafts, and work in a fast and intuitive way through the use of AR and VR technologies
- Car Quids crowdsources outdoor advertising spaces and provides technology and data that quantifies campaigns to make planning and buying easy for advertisers
- Autonomous Manufacturing is an enterprise cloud platform that automates Sales & Production for industrial 3D printing
- Soter Analytics predicts and prevents musculoskeletal injuries in heavy industry workplaces through a solution that combines wearable sensors and powerful analytics
19:00 Presentation by Nicholas Oliver, Founder of people.io from Founders Factory
20:30 Networking Reception
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicago Booth Angels is a London-based angel investment network founded and run by alumni of the Chicago Booth School of Business. The group connects investors and entrepreneurs through pitch and educational events marketed to over 3,000 EMEA Chicago Booth alumni. Chicago Booth Angels is viewed in the venture ecosystem as "smart money" – high calibre investors who provide capital, expertise, and open their global network to startups. The group's broad international network and chapters in the USA and Asia offer entrepreneurs a bridge to other global entrepreneurial hotspots, such as Chicago, New York, Singapore, and Hong Kong.