Chicago Booth Angels Network in Singapore - Pitch Event
Chicago Booth Alumni Club of Singapore
Chicago Booth Angels Network
May 17, 2018: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Interested in mentoring or investing in early-stage start-ups? Join us for the Inaugural Pitch Event of the Chicago Booth Angels Network (CBAN) in Singapore!
The Open Vault @ OCBC
53/55 New Bridge Road
Singapore 059402, Singapore
Bryan Mak '12 (AXP-11)
Chicago Booth Angels Network (the "Network") chapters are affinity organizations and therefore not a part of The University of Chicago (the "University"). The University has no responsibility for information or materials you receive from or through the Network and you will not make any claim against the University relating to any such information or materials. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event does any information or materials you receive from or through the Network constitute an offer or solicitation to sell services or shares or units by the University and does not constitute investment advice from the University. The University will have no liability to you or anyone else in connection with any information or materials you receive from or through the Network
The Chicago Booth Angels Network (CBAN) in Singapore will be holding its Inaugural Pitch event on May 17th at the Open Vault @ OCBC. If you are an investor, an entrepreneur or simply interested in the world of start-ups, come to listen to startup pitches, meet other Chicago Booth investors and entrepreneurs and find out how to become a part of this exciting new entrepreneurial network!
Via this event, we are excited to announce the establishment of the Chicago Booth Angels Network in Singapore, which aims to build a trusted network of domain experts, mentors and angel investors among the Booth community (and friends) to help entrepreneurs build successful businesses, and promote start-up investing, the Booth way.
We are pleased to announce the start-ups from the Booth community (and friends!) that have been invited to pitch:
- (1) Chicago Global Wealth – an asset management platform that embodies Chicago investing across emerging and developed markets
- (2) Shuga – a loyalty platform that helps drive customer traffic, product engagement and incremental sales
- (3) WikiAuth – a platform that harnesses the wisdom of the crowds, combined with Blockchain technologies, to deliver a near real-time fact-checking service
Our judge panel will feature:
- (1) Mr. Peter Tan (SMRT Director, Managing Partner of JP Asia Capital Partners),
- (2) Mr. Mario Aquino,'99 (Managing Partner of FutureLabs Ventures, Former Partner of McKinsey Ventures),
- (3) Ms. Michelle Liem,'89 (Managing Director of Nuri Holdings, Chicago Booth Global Advisory Board).
7pm – Registration & Drinks
7:15pm – Introduction to Chicago Booth Angels Network (CBAN) in Singapore
7:20pm – Keynote by Mario Aquino,'99 , Managing Partner of FutureLabs Ventures
7:30pm – Startup Pitches
8pm onwards – Networking Reception & Food
We look forward to engaging with you to scale the network across the Booth community in Singapore and globally!